Audio interview – Pam Laricchia, author and unschooling mum of 3
Pam Laricchia is a Canadian unschooling author, speaker and podcaster who explains why the unschooling principles are resonating with so many parents worldwide. Pam shares the heart of unschooling so beautifully, and it's surprisingly simple!
In February 2017, Pam and I had a wonderful, open chat about:
- Demystifying the parent's role in an unschooling approach
- What unschooling looks like as a lifestyle, and how it flows into adulthood
- Why unschooling is a unique opportunity for children to develop emotional awareness, introspection, social negotiation and confidence in social settings
- Why context is so important, so that a child sees how learning a skill is valuable to THEM
- The questions to ask to see where your kids are at with unschooling
- Why the word 'just' will prevent you from truly understanding what learning looks like for your children
Past audio interviews
- Jessica Pilton: a homeschooling, tiny-house-living mum of three from Perth
- Kelly George: a nomadic, free-spirited homeschooling mum of five from Victoria
- Grace Koelma (editor of Mulberry Magazine): interviewed on Pam Laricchia's podcast
Want more inspiring stories from homeschooling & unschooling parents?
Our Annual Print Edition is half price for a limited amount of time!